Over 350 people joined us under the beautiful stained glass dome of Chicago Cultural Center’s GAR Rotunda on Tuesday, December 4th as we celebrated 10 years of IGO CarSharing in Chicago. Attendees noshed on delicious food, drank, mingled with other environmentally conscious residents, and were merry beyond belief while celebrating IGO’s accomplishments over the years! Second Ward Alderman Robert Fioretti presented IGO with a City of Chicago resolution declaring December 4th “IGO CarSharing Day”, and during the presentation portion of the evening, IGO honored various organizations and individuals who have helped make carsharing in Chicago such a success.
- Governor Pat Quinn: True Believer Award
- The Boeing Company: Innovation Award
- Chicago Transit Authority: Innovation Award
- Sidley Austin LP: Extra Mile Appreciation Award
- Ann Marie McManus: Jan Metzger Award for Community Sharing
- Interfaith Housing Development Corporation of Chicago: Jan Metzger Award for Community Sharing
Many thanks to all of you who have helped us get to where we are today and for those of you who celebrated our 10th Anniversary with us!