By not owning a car, IGO members save lots of money.
- Individual members save as much as $6,500 a year in reduced transportation costs.
- Altogether, IGO saves members a total of $48,000,000 annually.
- IGO has the lowest hourly rates of any carshare in Chicago.
- Reservations include gas and insurance at no additional cost.
IGO is a local business that supports local businesses.
- IGO is Chicago born and bred. Our mission is to make Chicago a better place by allowing residents to live well in Chicago without having to own a car, and we’re doing that in over 40 neighborhoods and five suburbs—and counting!
- We work with local vendors whenever possible to benefit the local economy and help build strong communities. IGO helps to support hundreds of local jobs through our operations and vendors.
- Present your Chicago Card Plus IGO, access tag or IGO smart card at businesses that participate in IGO’s ChiTown Rewards program to save on goods, services, dining, entertainment and more. Click here for a list of available ChiTown Rewards partners!
IGO helps reduce CO2 emissions.
- Our fuel-efficient and low-emission fleet has led to an estimated reduction of 25,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions annually.
- Each IGO vehicle replaces as many as 17 private vehicles.
- We estimate that our fleet has removed over 9,000 private vehicles from Chicago-area streets over the last decade.
Members report being more active and getting more exercise when they join IGO.
- The U.S. Surgeon General recommends at least 30 minutes of activity daily.
- Members report driving less and walking and biking more after they join IGO—as much as 20% more on average.
- IGO members drive an average of only 500 miles per year, versus the typical vehicle owner in Chicago who logs over 10,000 miles annually. Less driving = more walking, more biking and being more fit!