All applicants bust be between 18 and 81 years old and have a valid driver’s license. If you have a foreign license, please obtain a copy of your driving record (in English) from the country it was issued. For more details, see our requirements for international drivers.
If you are younger than 21:
- You must have at least two years driving experience.
- Your driving record must be free of any violations and accidents.
If you are older than 21:
- Your current driver’s license must be valid for at least three consecutive years. If it isn’t, you’ll need to provide us with your previous license number(s). Often, you can track down this information by contacting your previous state’s Department of Motor Vehicles or current/previous auto insurance company.
- Your current driver’s license needs to be from your permanent state of residence. If you’ve just moved to Illinois, you may join with a current out-of-state license, but you must acquire an Illinois license within 60 days of joining.
- If you’ve had any major or more than two minor violations in the last three years, you are ineligible. Major violations include but are not limited to the follwing:
- speeding ticket for 25 or more mph over the posted speed limit
- revoked or supsended license
- reckless driving
- vehicular manslaughter
- You will need to have a valid credit card or debit card issued by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. You may not apply with a Visa Gift, Checking or ATM card.
Subject to applicable law, IGO, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership at any time.
If you have further questions about eligibility, please call our Member Experience team at (773) 278-4446 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CST) or email us at email@example.com.