International drivers

If you’ve been licensed outside the United States in the past three years you must provide us with your foreign driving record in addition to completing an online IGO application. The documentation you must provide us must come from the agency or department responsible for tracking driving records in your country. If you don’t know whom to contact, try checking with the agency that issued your license or a police department or court in the issuing country. The information cannot come from your insurance company.

Documentation must provide the following:

  • Your full name
  • Date of birth
  • License number
  • Date license was issued
  • License expiration date (if applicable)
  • Any details related to traffic violations or accidents in past three years

The above information must be provided in English.

After you have the proper documentation you can provide it to us in one of three ways:

  • Email it to
  • Fax to (773) 278-3840. Attention: Membership Team, IGO CarSharing. (Enlarge copies of any documents containing small print or pictures.)
  • Mail to:
    IGO CarSharing
    Attention: Membership Team
    2125 W. North Ave.
    Chicago, IL 60647

Be sure to provide your contact information (name, phone, and email) with all correspondence so that we can contact you with any questions.

If you have any questions about this process or the forms you need to fill out, please contact us at (773) 278-4446.

Search our list of international driving-record-issuing agencies ››